I feel this sense of urgency to write to you....to write like I have not written in so long (you will learn soon enough that mommy is a procrastinator and there's nothing like hearing that you might be here soon that causes me to get on the ball). I just don't want you to come until I have had the chance to tell you a few things so please, stay put for just a little bit longer!
I want you to know that I have loved EVERY single moment of this pregnancy, even the not so fun parts, simply because I know that you my sweet girls are growing strong inside of me. I will never forget the first time I felt you two moving (July 24th to be exact). Oh sure, I had been feeling those "butterfly" feelings for quite some time but on this day, I felt more than that! We were on our way home from church that Sunday and I wasn't exactly sure what I was feeling....but I knew it was something new, something exciting. It didn't take me long to realize that it was you little ones showing me that you were very much in there and that you didn't want me to forget that :) I kept wanting your daddy to be able to feel you the way I was feeling you but he just wasn't able to at first....and believe me, we tried. And finally, on July 30th, he felt you for the first time! It was the most incredible experience to see the look in his eyes and that smile on his face....it is obvious how much he loves you both already.
Over time and as you have gotten bigger, your movements have become more defined and on August 3rd we began to see my belly move. WOW! How incredible is this; to not only feel you within me but to actually see your sweet little adventures on the inside? It is one of those indescribable moments that I continue to thank God for allowing me to be a part of. On August 7th, I saw you BOTH move at the same time! I couldn't help but laugh a little....wondering what you guys were doing in there!? Are you playing games? Are you fighting? Do you love each other? Do you share a bond like no other? These are those things I long to learn about you!
We see you guys moving ALL of the time now (this started about the 18th of August)! We can push on my tummy and you push back. It's so cute to watch your daddy~he likes to play games with you already. He pushes 3 times and you push back...it's like a secret code between the 3 of you :) You are quite distracting to mommy during church...you seem to really enjoy the praise & worship time (I think this is wonderful). Your daddy says I should be paying attention and I promise I do try, but I just can't help watching as you're putting on your little show; I just don't want to miss a minute of this!
Dr. Peterson told us last week that you guys could be here sooner than we think and boy, did that bring a mixture of emotions with it! I think being scared in a situation like this is only natural....and I never want you girls to think it's not okay to express this emotion. Yes, we are nervous but more importantly, we are at peace (there is a difference). We know God is in control and that He is always taking care of you...we just want to make sure mommy & daddy do a great job of this as well.
Ohh, I fear missing this! Don't get me wrong, I CANNOT wait to meet you! However, there is a part of me that thinks I will truly miss this precious time in my life...this time of wondering, of dreaming, of feeling your every movement inside of me! God says there is a time for everything so I will not take it for granted, but savor the blessings He has given me knowing that there are so many wonderful things to come!
"NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside." ~Unknown
Baby girls~we just can't wait to hold you in our arms...we can't wait to look at your beautiful faces and love you the way we have never loved anyone else (which we already do)! It's so hard to believe that our dreams are coming true....that we are at the end of this pregnancy and you will soon be very much the reality of our life!
If nothing else, I hope you know how much you are loved....not only by your daddy and me, but by the Lord and so many others in this world!
Keep growing strong baby girls and we will see you when you get ready!
All my love,
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment