“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.” Romans 5:3-5 NLT
A dear friend of mine shared this with me today and I truly have taken it to heart. I have read it several times since I received it-WOW, what a powerful message God has for us. It reminds me that His love is never ending and He is in control of this situation (as He is in all situations). Although I lose sight quite often, it’s comforting when I am reminded of this; it brings a peace to my heart that nothing and no one else can. And to know that I will be a stronger person because of the trials I am facing now, knowing that my character will grow as it never has before gives me hope in the midst of heartache. I know that God is creating in me a better person and preparing me to be a wonderful mother, someway...somehow.
I won’t deny the weakness I possess, but I have learned that it is in this time that we grow. I must say, I have grown a lot. I have gone from being ignorant to being knowledgable about my own body and health. I am more in touch with myself and the needs I have. I have gone from being unhealthy to at least being on my way to being healthy. I have gone from being passive to being slightly aggressive when the situation so calls for it. I have become an advocate for myself, realizing that this is necessary if changes are to happen.
So, as I read this verse one more time, I realize how very blessed I am! Who am I to doubt what God has planned for our life...I’m pretty sure that his plan is far more glorious than anything I can fathom! As so many have done before me and as so many need to do; Lord, I hand this over to you and just ask that you give me the patience, understanding, and strength I need to endure this adventure. Please comfort me when it gets too hard and please continue to send me reminders of your love. I trust you....I truly do.
I must end this by saying to all my family and friends how much I love you and appreciate your constant encouragement. From cards in the mail that were written just for me, to comments on my posts that show how much you care, to emails & phone calls just to check on me and see how I’m doing, to entire blogs written for me that speak straight to my heart....you are my rocks and I know God has placed each and every one of you in my life for a reason. Needless to say, I cannot do this without each and every one of you. I love you all dearly and am forever grateful for the strength you have provided me. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and hold my hand through this-I need you!




3 comments:
I love you and I will ALWAYS be here for you! You truly are amazing :)
I need to copy that verse and read it every morning. What wonderful words to comfort and encourage during rough times. You keep that strength Jaime. And remember the words that you wrote above; He will get you through this. And we will be there the whole time. ♥
Thanks girls!! :-) And Holly, that's exactly what I plan to do-write it down and place is somewhere where I can read it and remind myself of it everyday! :-)
Post a Comment