Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

FOURTY - LOVE

Why do the things we enjoy doing the most tend to slowly fade away over time?  Why do we let ourselves get so completely and utterly busy that we forget to live?  James and I used to LOVE to play tennis but until recently, hadn't done so in probably a good 4 or 5 years.  Oh, believe me, he's asked me plenty of times but I always promptly respond, "Nah, I'm too tired."  To his (and mine) surprise, he asked me again a couple of weeks ago and I actually said, "Sure, why not?!"  So, we have went down to the community park in our subdivision and played a few times since.  Now, although I think I have a lot of potential, I am not a pro and to be honest, I'm a bit (James would say HUGE) of a sore loser.  I really hate to lose...and it's like I keep telling him, it's just no fun to lose all the time.  And when I play against him, I lose pretty much every time....and pretty bad!  And let's be honest, he gets frustrated when I pull a fast one on him too-I see it in his eyes, his walk, and most definitely in his "AGHHHH!"  I put up a good fight tonight (and even had a pretty decent attitude) and ONLY lost 1-6, 1-6.  Regardless of my continued losing, I really do enjoy playing tennis; it's a good workout and I get to spend time with my sweet husband-who definitely gets KUDOS for putting up with this sore loser!

Okay...so typically it's the other way around....LOVE for me and FORTY for him....but hey, a girl can dream right? :-)  I think I'll be contacting good 'ol Coach Caston for some tips!

1 comment:

Holly said...

How I miss tennis! You work on it- kick his butt!