Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lover's Lane

Book #3: Lover's Lane (Author: Jill Marie Landis)

For six years, Carly Nolan has built a life for herself and her son Christopher, never getting too close to anyone. Nobody in the sleepy little beach community of Twilight Cove suspects she is running--from the mistakes she made in her youth, the memory of her fiance Rick and his unexpected death, and the rich, powerful people who want to take away her child. All that is about to change.

Private investigator Jake Montgomery has been searching for the elusive Caroline Graham since the day she disappeared with Rick's baby. When he finally finds her living under an assumed name, she's no longer a wild teenager, but a devoted, utterly captivating single mother. Cautiously, Carly dares to trust an outsider for the first time in years. She never imagines that Jake, caught between his mission and his growing passion, poses a threat to her protected world. If her secrets are revealed, Carly risks losing the child she holds so dear--and the man who possesses the key to her heart.

My Thoughts: I started reading this book with a slightly less than high expectation. Oh, I assumed it would be interesting enough and worth reading, but nothing to write home about. I was honestly pleasantly surprised. Not only did I enjoy reading this book but I intend to hunt for more books by this author! After doing a little research, I found that this particular book is actually part of a series--I might have started in the middle, but I fully intend on going back just to see what I missed. Jill Marie Landis writes heart-warming historical romance books...or, as my mother-in-law likes to call them, "trashy love novels." Hey, even I like to spice it up a bit! ;-) I truly found this book captivating and full of hope (and yes, a little "trashy" at times)-definitely a thumbs up!

2 comments:

James Paradis said...

You used my phrase! "nothing to write home about" You make fun of me all the time for saying that!

The Paradis Family said...

Hey....it was 12:30 in the morning...I had NOTHING else!!! Love ya! ;-P