Recently, James and I have both mentioned visiting the Houston Zoo since it had been ages since either one of us had been. We talked about it again 2 weekends ago and I told James that we should stop "talking" about it and just DO IT! Since he had the day off on Friday, we headed that way and had a great time! I expected it to be miserably hot, but the combination of the wind blowing and shaded areas kept us pretty cool. It was so nice to spend the day together and do something out of the ordinary (and not too expensive). Following are a few of my favorite pictures from our outing:
When we arrived, they were just starting the Sea Lion Show! This was actually one of my favorite parts of the day-I love watching these beautiful creatures act on command and I loved watching this man interact with them (he truly seemed to love his job).
We saw a lot of beautiful birds! Although this particular section of the zoo isn't my favorite, I do love to look at the birds who have a lot of beautiful colors like this one.
Me petting a goat-I couldn't get James to join me...even for a picture! I was a little disappointed that the petting zoo wasn't bigger than this. I really wanted to play with some pigs! ;-P
Here is a dad, mom, and baby elephant...isn't that adorable?! We saw a lot of new babies amongst most of the different animal groups.
Here is a momma giraffe and her baby-the baby kept trying to eat from the mom but she did not tolerate it for long.
James...actually tolerating one of the many pictures I made him take around the zoo. Hey, I need pictures for my scrapbook! ;-)
Look at this frog-doesn't it almost look fake to you? There were several animals that we saw like this....we questioned a few until we actually saw them breathe!
Beautiful blue fish-no, I do not know the name!
My love and me! :-) This was actually the second time we took this shot that day. The first kid we asked to take it obviously didn't know how to use the zoom feature. The second kid probably didn't either, but James was smart enough to do it ahead of time! ;-)
After we left the zoo (and after visiting Animal Tales-another story for another time) we went and had dinner at Babin's Seafood House (courtesy of one of my precious students). The last time we ate here, Heather & I weren't big fans. It must have been what I ordered because this time I loved it! I'm so glad I decided to try it again...and I know James is glad too!
What a fun day! I'm so glad we stopped "talking" about it and finally just DID IT! :-)





5 comments:
That fish is a Dora fish, duh. LOL
OHHHH....haha, I guess it is, isn't it?! ;-P
Great pics! I am jealous of how well the fish ones came out. Glad you guys had a great time! Hermann Park is really nice- that is where I had my bridals taken
I didn't realize that Holly-it is a beautiful place!!!
DORY...abbie said. I love, love, love the houston zoo...glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment