Today is the BIG day-the day of my surgery! I don't want to sit here and talk about my fears of the surgery (you all know them, and yes-I'm scared right now). What I want to talk about are the AMAZING family and friends that I have in my life. I tried to keep the date of my surgery a secret for various reasons....in hopes that I would receive no fuss about this whole situation and also to avoid the spread of bad news (if received and at least until I'm ready to share). But, in the end, I did tell most everyone when my surgery is....and in some ways, I'm so glad I did. The thoughts, prayers, and encouragement has been flowing in at a rate beyond my wildest dreams. And dreams are exactly what I had last night as I ACTUALLY slept....I know everyone must have been praying as I had not slept the night before (after pre-op) and generally do not sleep well the night before something BIG anyways! I just want everyone to know how grateful I am for EVERYTHING! Besides the support mentioned above, so many of you have offered to stay with me and take care of me during my recovery (food and movies are starting to look pretty good right about now-no food since 3:00pm yesterday does NOT work for me...but thankfully, Heather treated me to 2 lunches and made me stuff my face beforehand :-) ). Good or bad news, I predict a long road ahead of us and it's comforting to know I have so many loved ones that I can count on. How did I get so lucky to have so many people in my life that care about me?
Well, we're about to take off to the hospital! So, until then....Au Revoir!




4 comments:
You are such an amazing woman! You have God holding your hand, and He will be with you, and James, through this! You do have TONS of people praying for you, cause we all love you! Just take things one step at a time, and some how, some way, everything will be fine.
We are here for you because you have always been there for all of us! We love you Jaime!!!
I'm sitting here in the waiting room thinking how absolutely brave and strong you have been through all of this! You are truly one amazing woman. We love you very, very much!
You were in my prayers today! Hope everything went well - keep us updated girl!
Post a Comment