Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Weekend of Firsts!

This was a big weekend full of firsts for my girls....some were exciting, others not so much.  Unfortunately, my girls got their first cold.  Well, it acted like a cold but could have just been allergies.  Either way, my babies, especially Emeri did not feel well at all and this broke mommy's heart :(  I wanted to avoid an ER visit over the weekend so I went ahead and took them to the doctor on Friday just to be safe (this was my doctors suggestion after emailing her). Their ears and lungs were clear of any kind of infection.  That was a relief but let me tell you, it was still a rough weekend.  Miss Emeri was the most pitiful little thing you've ever seen.  She wasn't able to sleep on a flat surface so she spent a lot of time on my chest and in her swing.  We took turns sleeping in the game room with her until we realized it would have just been easier to move the swing into the guest bedroom.  I sure did love all the snuggle time I got but I sure did hate to see my poor baby suffering.

Sick baby = a lot of time at home!  We had been meaning to get the exersaucer put together for awhile now so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I mean, we had to find something to entertain our girls since we were stuck in the house.  They seemed somewhat interested in the craziness of this thing but not overly excited.  But I can tell you now that they LOVE it!  

Miss Avari's 1st Time in the Exersaucer

 Miss Emeri's 1st Time in the Exersaucer (you can clearly see how bad she felt in this picture~poor thing!)

My girls also got to experience their first taste of baby food this weekend! After talking with a few friends, I decided to try making my own baby food and I seriously REALLY enjoy it!  If it was something I had to do every day, I probably wouldn't do it just because of time constraints.  But since I am able to freeze large amounts at a time, it is super feasible.  Not to mention that the girls LOVE it :)

My 1st attempt at making green beans!
Daddy feeding Emeri sweet potatoes. 
 Yum, that was tasty!
 Momma feeding Miss Avari,
 Enough with the pictures mom, please just feed me!
 No, No Lily~This is MY food!
E & A's first taste of baby food!

Then, besides the cold, here is one of the hardest 1sts for mommy....they finally slept in separate cribs :( I'm not sure why this makes me so sad.  Maybe it's the fact that they have slept next to one another for almost a year!!!!  I've always heard that twins sleep better together because they are so used to it.  I think it's true for the most part.  However, as much as I wanted them to be sad to be separated, they did just fine.  The only reason we switched them is because now that they are rolling over, they were constantly on top of one another and waking each other up.  So, despite my best efforts, it was time.


Love my girls and so happy to be sharing all these firsts with them...even the hard ones!

No comments: