...sittin on the porch drinking ice cold cherry, coke!
I can't help it. This is the song that always comes to mind when making the drive back to our home town. Living the city life, it's so easy to sometimes forget where you come from...where we come from. I'm from the country and I like it that way! Yes, another country song ;)
A few weekends ago, we spent a day back home. We stopped in Buna first to attend Jackson's second birthday party...my good friend Carissa's (aka: moped's) son. I wasn't surprised to see that it was a circus theme based on her recent pins on Pinterest :) She said it didn't turn out exactly how she had planned but I thought it was still pretty cute. Plus, the kids had a great time and that is what's most important!! Although it was short lived, I'm so glad that we were able to spend sweet time with our friends and help celebrate their special day!
The birthday boy and his mom! Love the top hat :) Such a great idea to use props in the pictures!
Yep, I was the only one willing to wear anything....I'm just that cool.
The Morgan's~LOVE the glasses, Cayson :)
Circus games for all the kiddos!
Looks like they're enjoying Jackson's new birthday present!
Yummy AND adorable cupcakes! I won't lie...my girls had their first taste of icing...a very SMALL taste that is ;)
Looks like little Audrey is enjoying her cupcake!
The guys just chillin' with their kiddos.
Time to open gifts~I'd say he racked up pretty good.
LOVE these guys!!!
After the party was over, we drove on to Kirbyville to visit with my family for a bit before heading back. This was actually the girls first visit to the house I grew up in. My aunt and her friend drove in to meet the girls. So, we visited a little, admired a LOT, and then headed to Beaumont for dinner at the Cattle Company (one of mine and James' favs AND one of the places we went in high school when we were "just friends.") It was a good time and although it made for a VERY long day, I am so glad we did it!
The girls had a blast rolling around on the floor!
Daddy loving on his angel.
She's such a thief!!!
This girl LOVES to have her feet against a wall or anything she can prop her feet on & kick!
The Nana loving her grand baby time!!
Aunt Glynis holding Miss Avari
She's such a wiggle worm!!!
Aunt Glynis holding Miss Emeri....those that know the difference, don't be fooled by the paci!

















No comments:
Post a Comment