Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Welcome, Little One!

I am so amazed by how much our lives have changed in just a few short years.  I look around at all our friends and am in awe at how our families have grown. We have gone from eating out and late night movies to early bedtimes and take out for dinner.  We have shifted from hanging out with friends and focusing on our desires to play dates and focusing on the needs of our little ones.  We have moved from one wonderful chapter in our life to an even more amazing one filled with a love we never knew existed.  We are now parents and and our lives revolve around our children.  And I know I speak for most of us mommies when I say we wouldn't have it any other way.

So, when I received the call that it was time that Tuesday afternoon, I was so excited to be heading to the hospital to be welcoming another special little angel into the family.  As I made the 30 minute drive, I couldn't help but think about my own delivery that happened only 7 months ago.  I knew Kevin and Heather were feeling the same excitement that we did that day; that crazy/beautiful feeling that you have in the pit of your stomach knowing that life as you know it is forever changed!

I don't know of ANYONE who has ever tried so incredibly hard to have a baby vaginally as she did.  If nothing else, this girl is persistent!  Because she had a c-section when Sophie was born, there were a few obstacles that stood in her way this time around.  Unfortunately, despite her best efforts, a c-section was necessary and Lilah Elizabeth was born in the wee hours that Wednesday morning.  Lilah (and Sophia) sure are blessed to have a mother that puts her own desires to the side in order to do what is best for her children.  I had told Heather from the beginning that as much as I wanted her to be able to experience labor and delivery, I wanted both her and Lilah to be safe and healthy more.  We are all incredibly thankful that this is exactly the outcome we got.  As I saw Heather hold Lilah for the first time that morning, I knew that her means of entering the world were all but forgotten and that the only thing that mattered was the beautiful life that she had longed to meet was resting sweetly in her arms.  As tired as I was from the previous nights events, being there for that single instant made it all worth it!  I have to say that while nothing compares to the moment you give birth to your own child, being there for your best friends birth experience ranks right underneath it.  Thank you guys for letting me be, not only a part of your special day, but a part of your family's life!

**OH, I have to give a BIG shout out to my husband for being an amazing daddy and "untel!"  While we were all at the hospital, he was being superman and taking care of our girls plus Sophia (not to mention all 3 dogs)!!!  We applaud you!**

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Lilah Bear
 SO proud of this momma...she put up a good fight but now it's time to meet our girl!
 There's just something about a mother's love...
 I am your Aunt JaJa and I will ALWAYS be here for you!
 LOVE this little girl forever and always!
 Untel James meeting Lilah for the first time....he's a natural.
 Yep, he's TOTALLY ready for another ;)
 The girls definitely outnumber the guys :)
 The happy family of FOUR!
Welcome, sweet angel!  We love you and are so excited you are finally here!
Lilah Elizabeth Taliaferro
Born: June 13, 2012 @ 3:19am
Weighing 7 pounds 10 ounces and measuring 20 inches in length!

1 comment:

The Taliaferro Family said...

Thank you for being there for me! I wouldn't have wanted to do it without you. And yes, thank you "Untel James" for being Superman :) We love y'all!