A little over a month ago, me and my girls loaded up and headed back home for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. Unfortunately, James was playing in a golf tournament that day and was unable to join us. I was a little nervous about making the 3 hour drive with 7 month old twins by myself but this is something that I did not want to miss. Plus, several of my family members had yet to meet my little angels. So, for many reasons, this was a really special day.
50 years~WOW! In this day and age, that is something to be proud of. Something to be cherished. From the time I was a small child until the time I left for college, I can remember spending a lot of time with my Uncle Henry and Aunt Mable. Even then I could see that they had something very special and very rare. It was evident to all that their love was the real thing and it was something that I hoped and prayed I would experience one day. I am happy to say that I have.
It was a true honor to be able to take part in such a momentous occasion. It was a day filled with tears and laughter, yummy food and delicious sweets, and most of all, love! Unfortunately, I haven't mastered taking care of my two babies AND handling a camera so I was unable to get pictures myself (I was a bit disappointed since several people were meeting my girls for the first time). However, my cousin Ashley is a photographer and got some pretty good shots of the party!
Here's to an amazing love and 50 more amazing years!
As always, my cousins Angel & Kaitlin did a fabulous job planning and decorating!
The happy couple~love these two :)
My dad with my aunt and uncle after his speech.
Aunt Mable & Uncle Henry with their daughter Kim
The most delicious cake balls EVER!
Pretty Punch :)
Time to "cut" the cake...
....or just eat the cake balls that are already portioned out :)














No comments:
Post a Comment