Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Road Once Traveled

This is sort of a weird post for me, mainly because I have no pictures to share (yes, I regret this).  However, I feel like I need to write this...to share what this day meant to me.  Since the girls were born, my BHE family had been asking me to bring them for a visit.  At first, I avoided it because the girls were so small and schools are obviously filled with lots of kids meaning lots of germs.  Then, life just got busy and time quickly got away from me.  Before I knew it, it was the last day of school for teachers.  It was now or never.  James had that Friday off so I asked him to go with me.  Honestly, I wanted him to be there just in case the girls got fussy....you know how it is, sometimes they just want mom and dad.  I am one mom with two babies :)

As we walked through the doors that day, into the school I worked at for three years, I felt an array of emotions.  I felt like a stranger in some ways, like I didn't belong there anymore.  I felt excitement to be back amongst the walls where so many special memories were made. I felt gratitude to be around the ones that helped me grow as not only a teacher, but as a person as well.  And although I wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom for anything, I felt a tiny bit sad for a life that is no more.  We barely made it inside before we were surrounded by people.  Let me clarify....my girls were surrounded by some of their biggest fans ;)  It was such a beautiful sight to see the people who supported me through this entire journey meet my girls for the very first time. I feel like my school got the brunt of it in some ways.  Not only did they put up with my moods when I was so depressed, but they also picked up my slack as I had to miss school for doctor appointment after doctor appointment. These people supported me in more ways than I can possibly name.  From filling in for me when I had to be out to being a shoulder for me to cry on, they stood by my side through the entire process.  I think it's true what "they" say; God brings people into our life for a reason and during the most perfect season. It's quite possible that four years ago, when my program got cancelled at BCE (my first school), God was preparing me for this difficult that was yet to come. I have made friends for life from working at this school, not only co-workers but substitutes and parents as well.  Isn't it incredible how God orchestrates His perfect plan for our life?  Isn't it amazing how it's usually not the same plan that we have in mind, but SO much better?

It truly was the perfect day!  My girls were such troopers, being passed around from person to person and not once getting fussy.  We even accidentally got stuck (after having lunch with them) in the middle of the end of year ceremony that Carra (the principal) always puts together.  Of course, that's when my sweet angels decided to be loud....at least they were happy :)  Before I left, Carra told me that I would ALWAYS be a part of the BHE family.  I hope they know that they'll always hold a special piece of my heart.  Thanks ladies for giving me three amazing years and for being exactly what I needed during that crazy/beautiful time in my life!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I'm so glad your program at BCE got cancelled. ;)